Question

PointonLineOverlayer Question

• 6 December 2016
  • 4 replies
  • 1 view

Badge

What I am trying to do is check the diameter attribute value of a valve point against the diameters of all lines that are touching it. If no diameters of the lines match the valve diameter.. do an action. I'm having issues in getting the correct end result.

There could be up to 4 different lines all touching the same valve point. I want to check against all of the diameters of the lines that touch and if none match.

I've tried the spatialrelator and didn't get what I'm looking for. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4 replies

Badge +16

Hi @madwarren try the topology builder with the option to generate a list and make sure the incomming attributes are kept, otherwise increase the tolerance on the point on line overlayer also with a list

Userlevel 1
Badge +21

If using the point on line overlayer, and creating a list, you can then use a listsearcher to search for the valve diameter from the list of pipe diameters, anything coming out of the NotFound port can then be used to do the action you want

Userlevel 4
Badge +25
It would be helpful to know in what way the SpatialRelator didn't give you the right information. Was it just not producing the data you need or was it actually producing incorrect results? It was certainly the first transformer I thought of.

Badge

If using the point on line overlayer, and creating a list, you can then use a listsearcher to search for the valve diameter from the list of pipe diameters, anything coming out of the NotFound port can then be used to do the action you want

Thanks, I didn't think about the list searcher!