Question

How to make so that the start point of a buffered area is near tha start point of the original area?

Hello,

I try to create kerbs from closed outlines. I use the bufferer transformer with a buffer amount of -0.15m. I note that the start point of the buffered area is not near the start point of the outer area.

outer area buffered area

For future processes, I need that the start points of the outer and inner area are close. Is there any manner to do that?

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @lavairye, a bit complicated workflow could be required. See the attached examples (FME 2016.1+).

Badge +3

@lavairye

Coerce geometry of area to line (geometry coercer)

Extract the startvertex of the using a coordinate extractor , specify for vertex 0.

Create point using vertex creator.

Neighbourfinder using the vertex as base with the outer area candidate, range just larger then your buffer amount.

Get the closest candidate coordinates.

...better insert a pic.. as it is larger then I thought...

Badge +3

You could of course use a neighbourfinder after the topologybuilder, but with random shaped geometries you would not know what would be selected.

This workspace will always select the nearest on the section of the buffered aera where the original startpoint would be.

( pointonpoint on the topology build did fail btw, forcing the workspace to become slightly larger)

VertexCreator2 creates a vertex from the closest candidate x and y (I forgot the summary annotation there)

Thanks to Takashi and Gio. I used (with success) both methods!