Question

Grouping duplicated values and assigining certain value for duplicates

• 28 June 2018
  • 8 replies

Badge

Hey,

I am working on table which include duplicates for address field. Earlier I had to define one record from the duplicate set and assign there value "keep" and for the rest of duplicated records I had to assign value "dup". In the end of the day, duplicated records need to be found in the repository with attribute Merged_Id which indicate ID of the "keep" record from the duplicated set.

I would like to ask how to do it in the smartest way, considering conditions that if Merged_ID has missing value and address is duplicated in the certain group (left side of the pic), duplicated records 'dup' will have Merged_ID the same as "keep" record (right side of the pic).

Thank you!

8 replies

Badge +2

Hi,

Assuming that you want to fill only Merged_ID attribute and you will submit values in Merged_ID attribute as you have provided in sample excel

Kindly find the workbench attached

xlsxr2none.fmw

Pratap

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

Looks like @pratap and I were working on this at the same time. I like that solution (it does require the data to be sorted, but a Sorter will do that of course), but here's mine too anyway.

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

There is more than one way. The advantage of this workflow is that it won't block feature flow. I would adopt this VariableSetter/Retriever approach if the performance is critical.

Badge

Thank you for all answers and solutions, I will test them!

Badge +6

You can also use the following method.

Badge +2

You can also use the following method.

This is the same which I suggested

Badge +6
This is the same which I suggested

I am very sorry, I only saw the answers of redgeographics and takashi.

Badge +2
I am very sorry, I only saw the answers of redgeographics and takashi.

No issues,I understand.

You have to add one more condition (before this condition) that if value exists retain the value...