Question

Eliminate segments based on attributes

• 20 February 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi,

I am trying to eliminate linear elements based on their attributes. Then it needs to change the attributes of other segments as well. I basically need to select elements that have the same beggining and end values as the ones eliminated and change their values so they match. For example:

segment 1: Segment 2: Segment 3:

100-200 200-202 202-300

So I want to eliminate the segment no 2

and change the segment 1 and segment 3 so they become:

100-201 201-300

One of the main issues is that I cannot select the lines based on spatial relations. The data is really held in the table but spatially they may not touvh or even be near to eachother.

I've tried selecting using a test filter but it doesn't work... Any ideas.

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +21

I think you can use adjacent attribute handling here.

Use an attribute creator with adjacent attributes to look at one prior and one subsequent feature and amend the from and to values if the feature is preceded or followed by a segment where the difference between the figures is 2 or less. Then remove the segments that are two or less

Adj_attribute_example.fmw

Badge

I think you can use adjacent attribute handling here.

Use an attribute creator with adjacent attributes to look at one prior and one subsequent feature and amend the from and to values if the feature is preceded or followed by a segment where the difference between the figures is 2 or less. Then remove the segments that are two or less

Adj_attribute_example.fmw

I kind of understand your fmw and I think it could work well But I'll have some figuring out to do. Thanks and have a nice day