Question

Why do cell values go blank in table view when I sort them?

• 10 December 2018
  • 6 replies

Hello All,

When I sort the table view of an inspector in FME Inspector the values go blank and the cell value returns an error. I don't mean "Null" or "<Missing>" values, i mean they're completely blank and it suddenly removes values from every cell in the table.

Relative to the image below, Inspector "Combined" is the problematic table. It is the output of combining a geodatabase point feature class with output from a workflow. Inspectors "A" and "B" display and sort fine, it's only when I sort the combined one that I have issues.

Any help is appreciated!

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +16

Could it be that the 2 sources for combined do not have the same attributes (and not have the attribute you try to sort on)?

That seems like a plausible cause for an error.

Could it be that the 2 sources for combined do not have the same attributes (and not have the attribute you try to sort on)?

Thanks for your reply.

In that case wouldn't the features without those attributes just list as "<Missing>" or null?

Userlevel 2
Badge +16

Yes, you are right.

I tested it and could not break it this way.

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @succip,

What version of FME are you using? I seem to recall this happening in some of the betas for FME 2018.

Hi @succip,

What version of FME are you using? I seem to recall this happening in some of the betas for FME 2018.

Hi @DaveAtSafe,

I'm using 2018: "2018.0.0.2 (20180414 - Build 18301 - WIN32"

That said, this morning I realized the issue was my CoordinateSystemSetter from earlier in the script. I'm not entirely sure why it affected the table output, but now that it's removed it works fine. Maybe it is a 2018 issue, I haven't yet got around to reproducing it in 2017.

Cheers,

Paolo

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @DaveAtSafe,

I'm using 2018: "2018.0.0.2 (20180414 - Build 18301 - WIN32"

That said, this morning I realized the issue was my CoordinateSystemSetter from earlier in the script. I'm not entirely sure why it affected the table output, but now that it's removed it works fine. Maybe it is a 2018 issue, I haven't yet got around to reproducing it in 2017.

Cheers,

Paolo

Hi @succip,

I found the problem report for this issue, and it was fixed in FME 2018.1. Are you able to update your FME to the latest release? You can download it from www.safe.com/download.