Question

Is FME 2017 compatible with GeoMedia 2014?

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

From what I can gather, yes. Access warehouses can be read and written with an FME Professional license, for SQL Server warehouses you'll need an FME ESRI edition to write, according to the formats matrix that is, the documentation states you'll need an FME Database edition, can you check this please @Mark2AtSafe

Thanks for the help. What I am really looking for is to use an FME connection in GeoMedia Professional to read an number of feature classes in ArcSDE on Oracle. Does anyone have any experience with that? Would that pose any compatibility problems?

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

From what I can gather, yes. Access warehouses can be read and written with an FME Professional license, for SQL Server warehouses you'll need an FME ESRI edition to write, according to the formats matrix that is, the documentation states you'll need an FME Database edition, can you check this please @Mark2AtSafe

Just looking into it. My first thought is that if GeoMedia appears in the FME2017 Integration Console, then it should be compatible. Also, I think being able to read ArcSDE is exactly the scenario the GeoMedia extension is meant to cover, so I don't see any obvious problems there.

Badge +11

Please see this article for up-to-date information:

https://knowledge.safe.com/articles/207/fme-and-intergraph-geomedia-compatibility.html

As of this writing, FME 2017 is listed as compatible with GeoMedia 2014.