Question

Odata limitations

• 21 July 2017
  • 1 reply

Hi guys,

I'm using FME desktop 2016 to make call to SAP using the Odata reader. As of now, I cannot connect properly, but using Microsoft Excel, I can connect without any problem to SAP with Odata.

There is no geometry involved, I just want to fetch financial data and upload it to a datawarehouse.

What I am suppose to enter in the feed parameter? Can I put SELECT parameters in the URL?

What are the limitations for Odata reader?

Thank you!

1 reply

Badge +6

Hi @phatnine,

A great place to start to help answer parts of your question is our documentation on the Odata reader - have you had a chance to look at the information there regarding the feed parameter? Sharing a few more details will also help the FME community help you. Please kindly reply to this thread and provide additional details including:

• Are you using the same URL in the Odata Reader that is being used in Excel (using Power Query, I assume)?
  • Is there authentication required for this feed, and if so, what type of authentication is being used?
  • The version of FME you are using, including build number and edition
  • Your FME translation log file (with details scrubbed for privacy if need be, the error is what is most important!)
  • Any other information that may be useful to share