Question

Does TwilioSMSSender only allow 1 phone number at a time?

• 5 November 2018
  • 3 replies

I tried to provide 2 phone numbers separated by a comma but it looks like it just removes the comma resulting in 1 long numeric string - which fails. Also tried with the full +1... in front with comma and space and same thing. It parses out all non-numeric characters/spaces. Is it possible to adapt the transformer to allow CSV?

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hi @jwbroadhead

This custom transfomer use a URL to send SMS:

There is a interesting link in Twilio Support about the send SMS:

https://www.twilio.com/docs/sms/send-messages#to

Thanks,

Danilo

Badge +7

Hi @jwbroadhead, thanks for the question.

I'm not sure the Twilio API supports multiple "To" phone numbers. I tried to increase the robustness of the TwilioSMSSender by adding a ParameterFetcher and TextEncoder (URL Encoding) to make sure the "To" number was properly formatted as To=%2B15005550002%2C%2B15005550006 for the upload body. But this did not work either. If it is simply a formatting issue, the solution may be in the Twilio documentation somewhere. You could do your own testing and customization of the TwilioSMSSender to see what might work. For now we can only support one number per TwilioSMSSender request.

If you think this is something we should investigate more thoroughly, feel free to post on our Ideas page, which is where we go to field enhancements for future releases of our software and content.

Thanks,

Nathan
Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Can you use an AttributeSplitter and ListExploder before the Twilio transformer? You could even add it into the transformer (it should be embedded/editable by default). That way you have multiple features, each with a number, rather than one feature with multiple numbers.