Question

solids as clipper and solids as clippee: how to merge the attributes?

• 13 December 2019
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +18

Hi, I need some help on using the clipper transformer with sets of solid features: I have one set of solid features as clipper and another set of solid features as clippee, as a result I’d like the intersections of these solids with merged attributes (so that a feature ‘knows’ it’s an intersection of clipper X with clippee Y).

In my simplified example the clippers are with yellow numbers, the clippees in red. In this case I'd like to have 4 new solids as a result.

I thought Clipper would do the trick, but:

• my incoming clipper solids are going to the ‘rejected’ port, and although my workspace parameter ‘rejected feature handling’ is set to ‘Terminate Translation’, the translation continues (which is OK but unexpected, I think?)
  • more annoying is the fact that the incoming clippers seem to be merged to 1 ‘multisolid’ taking attributes from the first feature? I expected 4 new solids as a clipresult, but 2 ‘multisolids’ exit the transformer:

The selected solids in the printscreen indeed are from clippee1, but the left one should be clipper 1, the right one from clipper 2…

I’ve been playing around with all possible settings in the clipper, but can’t seem to get it right… What am I missing, or is this transformer not meant to work like I wished it would work? If so, are there any alternative routes I could follow to get what I want?

Thank you very much!

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +18

bumping it over the weekend...

and might this be related to the issue reporterd here?

https://knowledge.safe.com/questions/86689/clipper-attribute-merge-confusion.html