Solved

Windows Scheduler Error

• 13 October 2017
  • 3 replies

Badge

Running a process (*.fmw) on windows scheduler. Getting the following error:

"Microsoft SQL Server Non-Spatial Reader: Trying to connect using SQL Server 2012 Native Client...

2017-10-13 11:51:03| 2.7| 0.1|ERROR |Microsoft SQL Server Non-Spatial Reader: Failed to connect using SQL Server 2012 Native Client. Provider error '(-2147217843) Invalid authorization specification'. Connection string 'Provider=SQLNCLI11;DataTypeCompatibility=80;Data Source=;Initial Catalog=RPT;User ID=;Password=********'

2017-10-13 11:51:03| 2.7| 0.0|INFORM|Microsoft SQL Server Non-Spatial Reader: Trying to connect using SQL Server 2008 Native Client...

2017-10-13 11:51:03| 2.7| 0.0|ERROR |Microsoft SQL Server Non-Spatial Reader: Failed to connect using SQL Server 2008 Native Client. Provider error '(-2146824582) Provider cannot be found. It may not be properly installed.'. Connection string 'Provider=SQLNCLI10;DataTypeCompatibility=80;Data Source=;Initial Catalog=RPT;User ID=;Password=********'

2017-10-13 11:51:03| 2.7| 0.0|ERROR |Failed to open reader".

I have changed the default path to a shared directory and made database connections (reader and writer) public. The process works successfully on workbench but not on scheduler. What are other options to resolve this?

I also scheduled using the following batch file but that too fails:

rem #runas ms/omp_queries or it will not connect. (uses windows auth to DB's)

>>logfile.log 2>&1 (

echo %date% %time% - running data last 7 days insert

"E:\\Program Files\\FME\\fme.exe" E:\\GP\\FME\\Workbench.fmw --SourceDataset_MSSQL_ADO "RPT" --DestDataset_MSSQL_ADO "RPT_Writer" --SourceDataset_MSSQL_ADO_3 "RPT_Reader")

>>logfile.log 2>&1 (

echo %date% %time% - Completed all items

)
icon

Best answer by schatt15 13 October 2017, 21:39

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +16

The account for the Windows Scheduler is usually not the same as the account you use to log in.

Does the scheduler account have access to the folders and the databases?

If you use "Windows Credentials" for the databases, that might not be the case.

Badge

The account for the Windows Scheduler is usually not the same as the account you use to log in.

Does the scheduler account have access to the folders and the databases?

If you use "Windows Credentials" for the databases, that might not be the case.

This is a different account from the account I use to login. I have setup the scheduler to run by the account which has access to both the shared directory and the databases.

Badge

Resolved using the solution below:

https://knowledge.safe.com/articles/32356/scheduling-software-doesnt-recognize-fme-connectio.html