Question

How to reserve versioned annotation edits in updating feature-linked annotation class (ArcSDE)

Badge +4
I have a simple arcpy python script that truncates an ArcSDE feature class along with its feature-linked annotation class and appends it with another feature class in staging database. The append process also builds the linked annotation class (code shown below). Now an user needs to make minor edits on the annotation class (versioned), my question is how can I replace this python script with a FME workbench with the ability to reserve the edits from future updates of the feature class from the staging one? I am at ArcGIS 10.0 SP3, Oracle/ArcSDE 10.0.

import arcpy

SDE_GOM_LEASE_LEXCOAnno_P = "Database Connections\\\\sde_gom@usprd06.sde\\\\SDE_GOM.LEASE_LEXCOAnno_TJ"

SDE_GOM_LEASE_LEXCO_P = "Database Connections\\\\sde_gom@usprd06.sde\\\\SDE_GOM.LEASE_LEXCO_TJ"

SDE_GOM_LEASE_LEXCO_T = "Database Connections\\\\sde_gom@usqa06.sde\\\\SDE_GOM.LEASE_LEXCO"

arcpy.DeleteFeatures_management(SDE_GOM_LEASE_LEXCOAnno_P)

arcpy.DeleteFeatures_management(SDE_GOM_LEASE_LEXCO_P)

arcpy.Append_management(SDE_GOM_LEASE_LEXCO_T, SDE_GOM_LEASE_LEXCO_P, "TEST", "", "")

0 replies

Be the first to reply!