Question

How can I place 2 images side by side in a word document?

• 16 November 2018
  • 8 replies

Badge

I'm trying to create a word doc report containing photos and tables for each feature in a points shape file. I've managed to get 1 photo and relevant table per feature using MSWordStyler transformers and grouping/sort to pass in order. But some features have 2 photos which I'd like to display side by side (above the table). Can anyone advise?

Thanks Chris

8 replies

Badge +3

@cbrown

I found no control for insertion for pictures.

The writer puts subsequent pictures on a new line. Youcan calculate percentage per line for multiple pictures..but then you'll find the control ends there.

Seems like an area for improvement for Safe?

To mimic it I did following.

Basicallyly move your pics and Mosaick them into 1 pic.. Then send to word trough the MSStyler.

jpeg2msword.fmw

Use you r own pic's to run it.

in case you can't load the fmw:

Badge

@cbrown

The writer puts subsequent pictures on a new line. Youcan calculate percentage per line for multiple pictures..but then you'll find the control ends there.

Basicallyly move your pics and Mosaick them into 1 pic.. Then send to word trough the MSStyler.

jpeg2msword.fmw

Sounds ideal but I can't see or download the fmw??? Can you show an image or explain in more detail how I mosaic the images?

Thanks

Badge +3

@cbrown

Hi, I have reinserted the images.

Also the workbench, hope you can open it.

Badge

@cbrown

jpeg2msword.fmw

Thank you!

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Yeah, looks like we could use a "wrap" option for images on the MSWordStyler. I'll check with our developers if this is even possible and let you know what I hear. If so, then I'll file an enhancement request - although I don't know if or when it would get added.

For now I think the idea of mosaicking images is an excellent one.

Badge

@cbrown: Hopefully not a rude question to ask.

Is it possible (despite the example) to add the workspace again? I think this is a big addition to me (as a beginner) and others (Thanks in advanced).

Badge +2

@cbrown: Hopefully not a rude question to ask.

Is it possible (despite the example) to add the workspace again? I think this is a big addition to me (as a beginner) and others (Thanks in advanced).

Hi @gio do you still happen to have this workspace handy to help out @mz? The previously uploaded workspace is unfortunately not accessible. Thank you very much for your great solution.

Badge +3

@mz, @xiaomengatsafe

Hi,

Sure, my pleasure.

jpeg2msword.fmw

Also the tip by (I think ?) @daveatsafe to right-click non working links and "save target as" works (though you end up with a xml of the workspace).

Also on the non working link on this page (I tried).

I uploaded it again anyway.

Greets.

Gio