Question

Remove duplicate/coincident points

• 13 August 2013
  • 4 replies

I'm using FME Desktop 2013.  About haflway thru a dgn to arcsde workbench, I have a set of points.  Some of the points are unique and some are coincident.  The coincident ones, however, are just a bit off to where they are not recognized as coincident.  For example, the x coordinate of two points may match but the y coordinate of the two points may be 444168.575388418 and 444168.575388419.  I want to remove all cooincident points so I only have one point per loocation/coordinates.  I had though I could use the coordinate extractor and duplicate remover transformers but obviously that would not work in this situation where the coordinates are not an exact match.  So how can I accomplish this?  Perhaps something where I can set a tolerance to find cooincidents or perhaps a way to limit the decimal places of the coordinate extractor?

Thank you

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17
Hi Steve,

The AttributeRounder can be used to round off the extracted coordinate values by specified decimal places. Alternatively, the CoordinateRounder (or the Snapper) followed by the Matcher can be used if the point geometries are allowed to move slightly.   Takashi
Badge +3
  1. or use a neighbourfinder with a smaal searchrange
Thank you for the responses.  I was able to use Snapper as suggested by takashi to get the issue resolved :)
Badge
How can i use something  like snapper on a 3d feature vertices (vertical polygons)? Snapper works only on 2d features if i'm not mistaking.