Question

Structure for conditional statement on external table document when using Import Wizard with AttributeManager Transformer?

• 27 February 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge +8

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone from the community can help me. I would like to introduce organization to my workspace. I have been using Excel as a large source to workspace structure. Currently, I would like to continue to use Excel to document attribute field mapping, as naming can vary by client.

I am using Import Wizard to import attribute values. I have been successful with it thus far with AttibuteManager.

My question is if it is possible for import wizard to import conditional statements to AttributeManager Transformer? If so, what is the format or structure to write a conditional statement using external document like Excel?

2 replies

Badge +3

@alexlynch3450

You cannot import them alas.

But you can build conditional expressions ?: (see arithmetic editor.)

You would build the string in what ever and pass it to a attribute creator like:

MyCond = "A==B?C:D"

And that string you can build, externaly or using any other dynamic.

I prefer combining it with tcl, as you can make single line and nested expressions.

(just be aware where you have to invoke the evaluation with @Evaluate(MyExpression) etc.

the only caveat is that you cannot test for empyt, missing or nulls within an expression as you would be missing 1 or more operands. So you need to pre filter your data.

Also long nested ones tend to be pretty unreadable too. But so is Dostojewski...;0

Badge +2

@alexlynch3450 Have you looked at the SchemaMapper? Although it does not support functions, you can configure it for simple AND relations for attribute mapping. Also, it is dynamic so you don't have to touch your workspace if the mappings change. There's a tutorial on SchemaMapper Transformer