Question

Using FME PythonCaller to Call Arcpy Feature Vertices to Points

• 9 October 2019
  • 4 replies

Badge +5

I would like to use FME PythonCaller to call ArcPy Feature Vertices to Points. An advise towards this approach will be appreciated

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +12

You could just write and Esri dataset with a featurewriter and then pass the summary to the to a pythoncaller (scripting of workspace set to an Esri Arcgis python). If its only one layer, you could even hardcode the input/output with something like this:

What is the outcome you want, because there are many transformers in FME that can do this and its probably better to use them.

Cheers,

Todd

Badge +5

You could just write and Esri dataset with a featurewriter and then pass the summary to the to a pythoncaller (scripting of workspace set to an Esri Arcgis python). If its only one layer, you could even hardcode the input/output with something like this:

What is the outcome you want, because there are many transformers in FME that can do this and its probably better to use them.

Cheers,

Todd

Hi Todd,

Thanks for the response. It works like a charm. I'm after mid points of polylines. I tried using snipper to get mid points but it only works well with single lines and drops where multipolylines.But when I use ArcPy to do the same, it creates points for all polylines.

Cheers

Wesley
Userlevel 1
Badge +12

Hi Todd,

Thanks for the response. It works like a charm. I'm after mid points of polylines. I tried using snipper to get mid points but it only works well with single lines and drops where multipolylines.But when I use ArcPy to do the same, it creates points for all polylines.

Cheers

Wesley

In FME you can use the deaggregator before the snipper, breaking those multi-part geometries into single lines.

Cheers,

Todd

Badge +5

In FME you can use the deaggregator before the snipper, breaking those multi-part geometries into single lines.

Cheers,

Todd

Hi Todd,

Thanks for the suggestion. Hey, if i want to overwrite output in python caller, how can I go about that.

Cheers

Wesley