Question

3d pdf nodes

• 16 April 2014
  • 3 replies

Hi,

Im currently working on converting CAD floor plans into 3D views. Each room has a tag holding various attributes relating to it, Room ID, Room Use, Room Height and so on..

My Workbench extrudes rooms, offsets floors assigns colours dependant on use etc and all is going well.

Im writing to 3D PDF and the results are what I want, accept for one thing. The Node list.

Currently I fanout by a Block ID. A building may have several blocks dependant on construction date, this enables the user to select the block from the Node list and highlight all rooms in that block.

What i would like to do is populate that list with Room IDs also.

The screeshot should help visualise what im trying to do. As you can see I have created the Nodes in the advanced writer parameters and the fanout by Block (1/1) has worked correctly but the ID (G0036) is not being assigned to the sub level to block (1/1)

Anyone got any ideas?

i have tried the pdf_parent_uid to no avail. perhaps im missing something or its just not possible.

3 replies

Ok,

I have resolved it myself minutes after posting.

Conatenating the Room ID with the Block creates a unique ID throughout the PDF and that have been assigned to the pdf_uid.
Badge +3

Maybe if u could create a fanout attribute prior to fanning out:

Concatenate Block and ID to a fanout_Attr.

Then fanout on this attribute.

Gio
Badge +3
lol...

u were faster :).