Question

custom transformer

• 24 June 2020
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

I make a custom transformer local machine. This custom transformer I can not open in the remote environment. The same issue occurs when I make a custom transformer on my remote device I cannot find this transformer locally.

My default path is the same: I:\\APPDATA\\FME\\FME_Conn but I cannot find my custom transformer on any of my disks.

What is the problem? and how can I sync the path for custom transformers so I can use the custom transformer in any environment?

1 reply

Badge +10
Hi @perry,

To use a custom transformer on another machine you will need to ensure that you have exported the custom transformer and have an FMX file. By default the FMX file is typically saved in a user path, this information can in the documentation here.

But if you want to share it with others you will need to set up a shared default path and ensure that the FMX file is placed in the shared path. This shared path needs to be accessible by both machines (locally and in the remote environment).

To set up the shared FME folders see the documentation here, specifically under the section "Shared FME Folders". Then after setting up a shared FME folder location, you will want to put the FMX file in the "Transformers" subfolder so that FME can use the custom transformer - documentation for more information see "Sharing Custom Transformers" > Sharing transformers through a network.

- Andrea