Question

Hi, I need to create a model that fill out attribute name for fiber cable

• 23 August 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge +8

I have fiber cable layer layer and this layer has field names To/From Structures. These structures are Point features (Poles, Buildings, Handholes). Poles are a separate layer buildings and handholes are also separate. if fiber cable is starting from the pole or hand hole and ending at the building.. i need to populate those starting and ending points of point features in fiber cable attributes i.e To/From Structures..Please assist what transformer should i use to fill out this inforomation in fiber cable. Thanks!

Sarah

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi @srhjunaid Use the TopologyBuilder - assuming that your structures are within the tolerance of the lines' end-points. Check "Generate List From Input Nodes" and set a "'Nodes' List Name". Then follow with an AttributeManager to copy the values from e.g. _nodes{0}.Structure to From_Structure and _nodes{1}.Structure to To_Structure.

Badge +8

Hi Dan, I used Topology Builder in my model seems like i did something wrong. My model is not populating attributes for every record..Is there any chance we can arrange a goto meeting again..I would greatly appreciate it. I have attached some screenshots for the reference as well.

Thanks,

Sarah