Solved

Any way to have a FeatureReader (ESRI Legacy) to read a DBMS JOIN the same way it is possible directly from a Reader?

• 28 November 2017
  • 6 replies
  • 1 view

I already use Readers (ESRI Legacy) to "merge" tables based on a relation condition. This can be done by adding the SDE30_IDs clause to the mapping file. (Since it's not supported in Workbench)

Since Readers and FeatureReaders seems to use the same underlying libraries, would it be possible to do the same thing at the FeatureReader level. This would allow flexible and efficient way to retrieve data since a more complex conditional clause could be built along the transformers way.

Thanks,

Mathieu

icon

Best answer by markatsafe 28 November 2017, 21:14

View original

6 replies

Badge +2

At the moment (FME 2017 and earlier) FeatureReader does not support select or where clauses for individual feature types. is not possible with any of the database readers. Regarding Esri Legacy (SDE) - it is very unlikely that any further development work will be done in FME on this format since it has been deprecated by Esri.

Badge +6

At the moment (FME 2017 and earlier) FeatureReader does not support select or where clauses for individual feature types. is not possible with any of the database readers. Regarding Esri Legacy (SDE) - it is very unlikely that any further development work will be done in FME on this format since it has been deprecated by Esri.

Hi @markatsafe, I'm trying to do the same with having multiple feature types in FeatureReader with different WHERE condition for each of the FeatureType.

I've tried this FME 2019, but looks like not feasible. Is this supported in FME 2020 ?

Thanks!

Badge +2

Hi @markatsafe, I'm trying to do the same with having multiple feature types in FeatureReader with different WHERE condition for each of the FeatureType.

I've tried this FME 2019, but looks like not feasible. Is this supported in FME 2020 ?

Thanks!

@fmeuser_gc Sorry - this has not yet been addressed in 2020

Badge +2

Thanks!

@fmeuser_gc Sorry - access to Feature Type parameters, like the WHERE clause, has not yet been addressed in FME 2020

Badge +6

@fmeuser_gc Sorry - access to Feature Type parameters, like the WHERE clause, has not yet been addressed in FME 2020

@markatsafe - Do you know atleast if this functionality is being considered for the next releases?

Badge +2

@markatsafe - Do you know atleast if this functionality is being considered for the next releases?

@fmeuser_gc it is not currently on the release schedle - you might add a vote here and a comment on why the existing FeatureReader does not meet your needs.