Question

running workspace from python use workspaceRunner no longer works

Badge

I have a workspace that I can run without error from the workbench, and I have a python script that also has run it in the past without issue. For some reason, now when I run the workspace via the script, it does not produce an error, but the output files it is writing (KMZ) are empty. I've double-checked all the parameters and they seem to be ok. There is an sde reader, which I did change to read a connection file, vs previously I entered in all the connection information. I'm not sure what's going wrong?

4 replies

Badge

I should also mention the path of the workspace changed.

Userlevel 5

The FME log file will most likely tell you why, in particular where there are no more features passing through.

Badge

The FME log file will most likely tell you why, in particular where there are no more features passing through.

Thanks for the tip. I compared the log from the python script run to the one generated when i launched the workspace from workbench. It seems it is not reading the features in the sde geodatabase, but I'm unsure why. I wonder if I need to specify the feature class in the database in the script, in addition to the database itself as a parameter.

Badge

I've also tried now to run the workspace through command line (i'm on windows), and I get the same results with empty kmz files...