Question

calculate area of buildings within site area

Badge +9

I have tried to calculate the building footprint area within each building site and output the result as an excel table. I also want to count the number of Buildings. There are numerous buildings within each site and I want to export the data as below.

Building Site A - 4390 sqm

Building Site B - 5293 sqm

How do I achieve this as I only seem to be exporting the site area.

Thanks in advance.

2 replies

Userlevel 4

If you have a site ID on each building you can first use an Aggregator with a group by on the site ID before calculating the area.

Alternatively you can calculate the area for each building then use the StatisticsCalculator with a group by on the site ID to sum the building areas per site.

If you don't have a site ID for each building, you may want to look into something like the AreaOnAreaOverlayer (if you have a polygon for each site and for each building) so that you can transfer the site ID onto each building spatially. Then calculate the area as described above.

Userlevel 2
Badge +16

I would use the Clipper to get the Building (part) that is inside the Site (assuming both have geometry).

That will also add the Site ID to the Building features.

Then as @david_r suggests use the StatisticsCalculator (group by Site ID) to calculate the sum of the areas per Site.

If you do not have an area attribute you need to calculate the area after using the Clipper using the AreaCalculator transformer..