Question

translate empty features

• 25 April 2014
  • 2 replies

Badge
Good morning. I have a quick questio. I need to migrate the schema from a geodatabase to an empty CAD file. I just want to make sure I have the same schema in the CAD file and to be able to leverage domain vaules etc. Is this possible using FME?

Thanks

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Hi,

I don't really have a specific answer to your question, but in general it is my experience that FME isn't too strong at handling the repliction of empty schemas.

Since FME is feature-driven (Feature manipulation engine!) it has a tendency to skip all operations where there are no features entering.

If you don't get an answer here, consider contacting your reseller or Safe support.

David
Badge
Hi David,

I was able to translate the empty schema  from GDB to a CAD file using the creator transformer.  Basically I had to modify the input  type on the creator to assign a geometry type different than the destination. In other words if my destination was a polygon, I assigned a point or a line geometry in the creator. No idea why it works like that but thats what the documentation said to do. The problem was that I lost all of my GIS Schema when that happened.