Question

Raster Georefencer by extent from 2 different paths

• 15 October 2019
  • 2 replies
  • 1 view

Hello,

I have multiple exifs which I have extracted information from. Then I have performed calculations based on pixels and orientation which has produced 4 new points with coordinates for each exif raster extraction. I have from this extracted X and Y coordinates as attributes for each point in a total of 8 attributes.

I now want to georefence these images which I read in as Tiffs by these coordinates for each raster.

I then seem to have stumbled upon two problems:

1. I can't seem to get the raster georefencer to fetch information from attributes which I feed in at the different spots. It works fine if I physically write the postions on each slot, however as soon as I allocate the attributes it fails to retrieve the coordinates. I know that the coordinates work, they georefence one image if I take the coordinates from the attributes and write them in.

2. I can't seem to feed the raster georefencer from two different paths, it just takes the raster and stops the process with an error before the attribute flow reaches the function. Is there a way to merge the attributes with the rasters based on Filename and then proceed on to the raster georefencer?

I seem to fail in all ways I have tried to merge their information before using it in the georefencer.

Please advice me upon this problem

2 replies

Badge +22

Sounds like you need a FeatureMerger or FeatureJoiner on the filename prior to RasterGeoreferencer

Badge +22

Alternatively, my preferred method is to read the attribute data, create an attribute containing the path to the raster (if necessary) and then use a FeatureReader with Attribute Accumulation set to Merge, and the dataset to read is the raster path attribute.

That way you end up with one raster per input attribute feature, containing all of it's attributes.