Question

FME Server does not recognize linked custom transformer in custom transformer

• 1 June 2018
  • 1 reply

I have a Custom Transformer that I am using in a number of scripts, that I use as a linked transformer in a number of scripts. This transformer contains another custom tranformer that is embedded.

When I open the top-level Custom Transformer in FME Workbench the contained Custom Transformer is shown disconnected with no properties, and there are various errors because of this. The funny thing is that the scripts still work when run from the command line, and if I look in the FMX file for the transformer I see that there are still references to the internals of the embedded transformer. The issue seems to have started after a recent major edit. Unfortunately there were a lot of changes in this edit to both the top-level and embedded transformers so it is impossible to pinpoint anything specific from that.

Any ideas how I might recover the embedded custom transformer?

This is on FME Workbench 2018.0.0.0 Build 18284.

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Perhaps you are confusing 'linked' with 'embedded'. I suppose that the custom transformers contained by the top-level custom transformer are 'linked' ones, not 'embedded' ones.

Assuming that they are 'linked' custom transformers, I think you can re-add them to the workflow of the top-level custom transformer with Workbench, if their fmx files definitely exist in the system.

If they are really 'embedded' custom transformers, it would be easy to edit them within the same fmx file as the top-level custom transformer.