Question

how to extract coordinate from the geo tagged photos

• 6 January 2020
  • 9 replies

Badge

how to extract coordinate from the geo tagged photos

9 replies

Userlevel 4

If it's a jpeg, look into exposing the following format attributes on the reader:

jpeg_exif_gpslatitude

jpeg_exif_gpslatituderef

jpeg_exif_gpslongitude

jpeg_exif_gpslongituderef

jpeg_exif_gpsmapdatum

Other formats should have something similar.

You may have to "massage" the values slightly e.g. using regex to extract the lat/lon values before passing them into e.g. a DecimalDegreesCalculator and a VertexCreator.

There's also an exifReader custom transformer available on the FME Hub, but I have no experience using it.

Badge +2

@kathir there's also this PhotoCoordinateExtractor custom transformer available on the FME Hub.

Badge

@kathir there's also this PhotoCoordinateExtractor custom transformer available on the FME Hub.

i cant download photocoordinate extractor transformer.can you help me

Badge +2

i cant download photocoordinate extractor transformer.can you help me

You can download PhotoCoordinateExtractor custom transformer in two ways:

1. Start Workbench, go to Transformer Gallery and search the transformer in the search bar. Double-click on it and Workbench will automatically download and install the transformer.

2. Download the transformer directly from FME hub. Click here to download. Once you have downloaded the .fmx file double-click on it and Workbench will automatically install the transformer. Have a look here.

Badge

You can download PhotoCoordinateExtractor custom transformer in two ways:

1. Start Workbench, go to Transformer Gallery and search the transformer in the search bar. Double-click on it and Workbench will automatically download and install the transformer.

2. Download the transformer directly from FME hub. Click here to download. Once you have downloaded the .fmx file double-click on it and Workbench will automatically install the transformer. Have a look here.

Hi I was download that photo coordinate extractor transfomer.but i cannot added inthe transformer gallery. Again shows fme hub. How can i check that

Badge +2

Hi I was download that photo coordinate extractor transfomer.but i cannot added inthe transformer gallery. Again shows fme hub. How can i check that

@kathir once you have downloaded the .fmx file double-click on it and the Workbench will automatically install the transformer. Then go to Transformer Gallery and search the transformer by typing photo in the search bar. Then drag and drop into the canvas.

Otherwise try with the worspace in the attached zip file.

photocoordinateextractor.zip

Badge

@kathir once you have downloaded the .fmx file double-click on it and the Workbench will automatically install the transformer. Then go to Transformer Gallery and search the transformer by typing photo in the search bar. Then drag and drop into the canvas.

Hi, I got the solution.Thank you

Badge

Hi I have photocoordinater transformer. using attribute reprojector transformer i was convert into utm.now how can be cretae vertex their coordinates.how to identify x and y for vertex creator

Badge +2

Hi I have photocoordinater transformer. using attribute reprojector transformer i was convert into utm.now how can be cretae vertex their coordinates.how to identify x and y for vertex creator

@kathir in my previous reply I've attached a zip file with one workspace, have you tried to look inside? Latitude and longitude are sent trough the output port of the photocoordinateextractor to a VertexCreator where X Value = _longitude and Y Value = _latitude and then to the Reprojector. HTH.