Solved

Creating Bingo cards?

• 3 April 2020
  • 7 replies

Badge

Hi there,

Slightly off the wall here, but has anyone created a workspace that can create Bingo cards? Ideally a 5x3 grid of random numbers between 1-90, but no repeating numbers...?

Obviously, RandomNumberGenerator can give us a way to actually play the game...but I'm thinking whether FME can create the cards for users to play with..?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by siennaatsafe 26 August 2020, 19:42

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 4

This sounds hackathon worthy! :-) Paging @mark2atsafe

Userlevel 1
Badge +21

The sampler has a randomise option so should be fairly straightforward to create 90 features then randomly sample 15 of them for each card

Edit: forgot that random sampling still outputs in order so generating random numbers and sorting probably a better way to go

e.g.

bingo.fmw

Output

And yes, I have way too much time on my hands right now :-D

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

It looks like @ebygomm has this covered, but I'll throw in an alternative randomizing method. I was recently told by a developer (in no uncertain terms) that this transformer does not deserve to be on the FME Hub (way too slow and cumbersome, apparently) but I feel vindicated by the fact that it's a good fit here...

So generate 90 features, numbered 1-90, and run them through the FeatureShuffler.

That will randomize your numbers, with no possibility of duplicates or the original order being retained.

If you're generating cards of 15 numbers, just pick the first 15 with the Sampler. But if you're using it to call the actual numbers, just keep using each number in turn until a card is filled.

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

This sounds hackathon worthy! :-) Paging @mark2atsafe

With the UC being postponed until next year, I was thinking of still running the hackathon Jen and I had planned, but doing it online. I'll make a quick post to see if anyone would be interested.

Badge

This is awesome guys - thanks so much! :)

Badge +9

I'm a little late to the party but I recently created a Bingo Sheet App for Safe Bingo.

https://demos-safe-software.fmecloud.com/fmeserver/apps/BingoSheet

It writes to an Excel Sheet so you have to trust the end user not to cheat ;)

I also found out through this project that American bingo is different from British Bingo. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bingo_(American_version) This App creates an American Bingo sheet.

Yes, there are several online tools and workspaces available that can help you create bingo cards. Some of them are free, while others may require a subscription or a one-time payment. My Free Bingo Cards allows you to create custom bingo cards for free. You can choose from various themes and customize the layout, font, and colors of the cards. You can also add images and text to each cell. Also, Canva is a popular online graphic design tool that offers a variety of pre-designed bingo card templates that you can customize to fit your needs. I play Bingo at https://joywallet.com/article/games-that-pay-real-money/ and earn money.