Question

Max Features to Log Parameter not Working

• 10 September 2019
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

FME 2019.1.2 build 19630

The Max Features to Log parameter (Workspace parameters or FME Options) doesn't seem to work. The number of logged features is always 20, regardless of setting in the parameter.

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi @takashi Max Features under Workspace parameters works for me, but the parameter under FME Options seems to have no effect. I've filed FMEDESKTOP-9554 about this.

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @takashi Max Features under Workspace parameters works for me, but the parameter under FME Options seems to have no effect. I've filed FMEDESKTOP-9554 about this.

Hi @danatsafe, thanks for filing the problem. In my testing, the parameter under Workbench Parameters didn't work when set it to greater than 20.

b19630-max-features-to-log.fmw (Max Features to Log = 100)

b19630-max-features-to-log.txt (Log)

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi @danatsafe, thanks for filing the problem. In my testing, the parameter under Workbench Parameters didn't work when set it to greater than 20.

Hi @takashi That's because the 'Max Features to Log' in the Logger is set to 20 in your workspace. The Workspace Parameter is for ALL logging in the workspace. e.g. If that parameter is set to just 35 and your workspace has 2 Loggers, each logging up to 20 features, the only 35 features get logged.

The parameter under FME Options is applied only to new workspaces which should be seen under Workspace Parameters in a new workspace. The problem reported in FMEDESKTOP-9554 is that the values for 'Max Features to Log' and 'Max Logged Features to Record' (features written to <workspace name>_log.ffs) are reversed.

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Oh, I missed that! Thanks for your clarification.