Solved

R Packages and Python Libraries are available on FMECloud?

• 1 September 2017
  • 10 replies

Badge +3

What R Packages and Python Libraries are available on FMECloud?

icon

Best answer by gerhardatsafe 1 September 2017, 19:12

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hi @mikek,

According this interesting link about FME Cloud written by @stewartharper, when you launch on FME Cloud you choose the version FME Desktop, so you can check on folder installation FME the Libraries before.

Link: FME Cloud FAQ

Thanks,

Danilo

Userlevel 2
Badge +14

Hi @mikek, As Danilo said, in regards to the Python Libraries, those depend on which version of FME Desktop you are running with your FME Cloud instance. These can be found by going to the installation location of FME Desktop > Plugins and then looking in the appropriate Python folders. If you require additional libraries, those can be added by downloading the library onto your machine, then in FME Cloud going to Resources > Engine > Plugins > Python and then uploading them to their respective Python folder.

For R Packages, currently only sqldf, jsonlite, XML, foreach and readr come shipped with FME Cloud. There haven't been any customer use cases for us to add more, but if you would like to see certain packages added please submit a New Idea. Alternatively you can download the R Packages you require onto your machine and add them to FME Cloud by going to Resources > Engine > Plugin and uploading them into the R folder.

Badge

Hi @mikek

the python modules or R packages that are installed by default on your FME Cloud instance are not determined by any version of FME Desktop or FME Server that you are using.

All new FME Cloud instances run on Ubuntu 18.04 (Python 3.6) installed. Additionally to the Python Standard Library the following modules are available on your FME Cloud instance:

• BeautifulSoup
  • beautifulsoup4
  • boto
  • boto3
  • matplotlib
  • oauthlib
  • requests_oauthlib
  • urllib3

If you need a python module that is not available on your FME Cloud instance you can import the custom module by following this documentation.

This is the list of R Packages that are currently available on FME Cloud:

• ‘sqldf’
  • ‘jsonlite’
  • ‘XML’
  • ‘foreach’
  • ‘readr’
  • ‘sp’
  • ’ggplot2’
  • ‘ggmap’

If you need any other Python modules or R packages and think they should be available by default, feel free to request them in a New Idea .

Badge

Hi @mikek,

According this interesting link about FME Cloud written by @stewartharper, when you launch on FME Cloud you choose the version FME Desktop, so you can check on folder installation FME the Libraries before.

Link: FME Cloud FAQ

Thanks,

Danilo

Hi @danilo_inovacao,

the paragraph in the FME Cloud FAQs you refer to does not apply to Python libraries available on FME Cloud. FME Cloud runs on Linux (Ubuntu 16.04) and therefore we use the default Python installation of the OS. The modules installed are determined by the Python Standard Library of the available Python version of the OS including some modules that are added during the launch of the FME Cloud instance (see the list in my answer).

Thanks,

Gerhard

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Hi @mikek

the python modules or R packages that are installed by default on your FME Cloud instance are not determined by any version of FME Desktop or FME Server that you are using.

All new FME Cloud instances run on Ubuntu 18.04 (Python 3.6) installed. Additionally to the Python Standard Library the following modules are available on your FME Cloud instance:

• BeautifulSoup
  • beautifulsoup4
  • boto
  • boto3
  • matplotlib
  • oauthlib
  • requests_oauthlib
  • urllib3

If you need a python module that is not available on your FME Cloud instance you can import the custom module by following this documentation.

This is the list of R Packages that are currently available on FME Cloud:

• ‘sqldf’
  • ‘jsonlite’
  • ‘XML’
  • ‘foreach’
  • ‘readr’
  • ‘sp’
  • ’ggplot2’
  • ‘ggmap’

If you need any other Python modules or R packages and think they should be available by default, feel free to request them in a New Idea .

Heya @GerhardAtSafe - is there a way to upgrade the extra python modules?

I'm just trying to run a script which seems to be related to an difference in the version of the boto module. I know that upgrading to the new version of FME Cloud would likely get me the later version, however, upgrading will require quite a bit of work.

Badge
Heya @GerhardAtSafe - is there a way to upgrade the extra python modules?

I'm just trying to run a script which seems to be related to an difference in the version of the boto module. I know that upgrading to the new version of FME Cloud would likely get me the later version, however, upgrading will require quite a bit of work.

Hi @virtualcitymatt - Currently there is no way to upgrade the shipped boto version. But we regularly upgrade the versions of the modules for new FME Cloud instances, so current recommended build for FME Cloud should always have a update version of the modules.

Badge

Is there any way to use the Python modules that ship with ArcGIS Pro e.g. arcpy, arcgis with FME Cloud?

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

Is there any way to use the Python modules that ship with ArcGIS Pro e.g. arcpy, arcgis with FME Cloud?

I believe you would require a licensed ESRI software installation on the to run these python modules which I don't believe is possible on the FME Cloud instances because they are running on Linux and won't have access to those machines.

Badge +5

Official documentation detailing this is now available here.

Badge +4

I believe you can install the arcgis api, since it is now availble on pypi. Just install the package to the fme shared directory and add it to your path. Arcpy is not likely, that would require a full installation of arcgis server.