Question

FeatureReader WHERE Clause not filtering my features

• 1 July 2013
  • 5 replies

Hi,

I am having a bit of a problem with the WHERE clause in the FeatureReader transformer. I have a project boundary as the INITIATOR and I am reading an Integraph Acess database that contains a feature class named ROAD. Now this feature class has an attribute called SURFACE. There are multiple text values for this attribute and they are 'A', 'G', 'U', and 'C'. My WHERE clause statement is SURFACE = 'A'.

Now the results coming out of the FeatureReader transformer are not being filtered by the WHERE clause. I am getting all of the ROAD features, regardless of the value of the SURFACE attribute.

I have double checked my WHERE clause by reading the ROAD feature directly and inserting the statement under the Format Parameters. This correctly filters my features.

I am not sure why the FeatureReader WHERE clause is not working. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Krist

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13
Hi Krist,

Have you tried setting the attribute handling to: in case of conflict, keep result attributes?

Itay
Badge +21
Some additional information regarding the FeatureReader - however you are not using an FFS?:

http://fmepedia.safe.com/AnswersQuestionDetail?id=906a0000000cf8wAAA
Thanks for the suggestions so far.

I have set the the attribute handling to: in case of conflict, keep result attributes.

This does not seem to have any impact on the WHERE clause filtering my features.

I did a quick translation  of my feature data from Integraph GeoMedia database to FFS. In FME 2013 SP1 , FeatureReader will read the ffs file but the WHERE clause option is not available.
Userlevel 4
Badge +13
Hi Krist,

In that case I would let safe know about the issue.

I never worked with Geomedia, but I know the where clause does work with oracle or gdb.

Itay
Badge

I think it's a bug with the FeatureReader in FME Server.

FeatureReader where clause debug from Workbench:

UWIWellbore<space>=<space><apos><at>Value<openparen>UWIWellbore<closeparen><apos>

FeatureReader where clause debug from Server:

UWIWellbore<space>=ValueUWIWellbore