Question

renaming attribute?

• 25 September 2013
  • 2 replies

My name is Roberto and, i have a doubt about FME. I work to Cemig at Belo Horizonte / MG / Brazil. I'm sorry about my english, and i hope that you can understand me.

I have been trying to change one geometrical attribute.   I put one reader to read from geomedia , and one writer as an oracle spatial object. I have to insert the Geo data from geomedia, into an oracle data base using FME. I did the changes of some attributes and the FME accepted this well. But, the Geometrical attribute just dont change.  It goes to the oracle database named as GEOM. I want to change this name to GEO_LINHA but i cant. I tried to use the Geometryproppertyrenamertool without results.   Could you help me? Thanks

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Hi,

have you remembered to change the name of the geometry column in the output feature type properties? Example:

Try changing this to GEO_LINHA. You might have to drop (delete) the existing table first, depending on your setup.

David
Hi David,

i tried but, i didn have the expected results.

I have been thinking that  may be a problem in the oracle MDSYS .

Because , when i used the inspector, there is no reference about any attribute or properties named GEOM.

I believe , this attribute is created as default by MDSYS .

Do you know something about how could i resolve this problem ?

Kind Regards

Roberto Costa Corgosinho