Question

snapping point to point

I would like to snap points to points ( of intersection of two lines) based on distance. Which tool should I use?  

14 replies

Badge +2
AnchoredSnapper
I tried to use this, but I have a problem. Everything goes well until snapping. I'm using GML data in the coordinate system EPSG 2180 This is my scheme

In my data have points in line with the assumptions of snappingu.
Badge +2
Hi,

Connect the Tester_2 and OH_WPBW_P points to inspector. Check the position of points ( of Tester_2) and points (OH_WPBW_P) are within the tolerance or not in inspector once.
Thanks for your reply. The points are within the tolerance of snaping.
Badge +2
Try it with End Point Snapping.

Else Is it possible to share the sample data?
Unfortunately I can not share the sample data. But the problem is with the data reading. When I use the SHP all works great. I share screan of input settings:

Badge +2
Please provide the viewer screenshot by connecting the Tester_2 and OH_WPBW_P points to inspector. 

Points are very close, so it's impossible to see difference of localization, but points have different coordinates in xml files.
Badge +2
Does that mean projection is differnet for lines and points?
No, projection is still the same.
Badge +2
When projection is same I dont see any specific reason for not snapping...
I think the problem is with the settings of the input files. I read that the use of multiple objects in the gml needs some special settings. When I set a higher tolerance - the point is snaped to a more distant object. So I think problem is with multiple objects in this data format.
Badge +2
But you have informed that you are able to get the points at line intersections...

anyhow without looking atleast the sample data, I cannot come to conclusions
Userlevel 4
Hi

Keep in mind that if FME interprets the projections differently for your input formats, then the Snapper / AnchoredSnaper might not work the way you expect. I suggest you explicitely set the coordinate system on both Readers. If they differ, you will have to reproject them to the same coordinate system before doing the snapping.

David