Question

Is it possible to send emails to [name]@[subdomain].[domain].com?

Badge +1

The mail address I want to send mails to is in de format [name]@[subdomain].[domain].com. The emailer shows the following error. Is this a known bug?

Emailer: <class 'smtplib.SMTPDataError'>: (503, '5.5.2 Need rcpt command')

Thanks in advance

5 replies

Userlevel 4

The error message looks more like a server error, I doubt it has something to do with the email address.

Are you certain that the server specified in the Emailer is actually running an SMTP server?

Badge +1

The error message looks more like a server error, I doubt it has something to do with the email address.

Are you certain that the server specified in the Emailer is actually running an SMTP server?

Thanks very much for your quick response. When I test the workbench with my own email address as recipient, everything works smooth. Testing the recipient email address from Microsoft Outlook results in an error message back, sent from the recipient server. That's why I expected the workbench to proceed correctly, resulting in an error message back at my own email address from the recipient server. FME, however, stopped before it sent the message.

Badge +8

Do you have a firewall in your environment?

Badge +1

Do you have a firewall in your environment?

Ah, good one. I tested again, this time with my private email address and FME returned the same error. Is there an easy solution, or should I contact the IT department of my company?

Userlevel 4
Ah, good one. I tested again, this time with my private email address and FME returned the same error. Is there an easy solution, or should I contact the IT department of my company?

You may have to contact your IT dept, but it depends on what you're able to do yourself on the FME Server instance.

Basically, you'll need admin login on the server and follow with steps here:

http://docs.safe.com/fme/2018.1/html/FME_Server_Documentation/Content/AdminGuide/Using_FME_Server_with_Proxy_Server.htm