Solved

FME Server job gets queued

• 18 August 2017
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +16

I am using FME Server 2017.0.0.2

When I start a job (jobsubmitter service) from the repository, it gets queued.

But at the moment no job is running and an engine is available.

When I go into the queue and resubmit the job, a new job gets executed running the same workspace without any issues.

Has anybody seen this before?

And if so, how to solve it?

icon

Best answer by erik_jan 21 August 2017, 23:10

View original

8 replies

Badge +9

Could Job Routing be causing the trouble? I've seen this happen if the job that is submitted has been assigned a tag that isn't associated with an engine. You can confirm that by looking at the Jobs page of FME Server. If you open the details for the job that's stuck in the queue, look under Request Data and check if the Tag parameter is set.

Userlevel 2
Badge +16

Great help from @LauraAtSafe and @GerhardAtSafe to find the solution:

Something (possibly a backup and restore from another server) caused the URL's for the services to point to a different server.

That caused the workspaces, using the service, to end up in the queue.

As the re-submit from the Jobs page uses the REST service, the re-submit was executed. The REST service is using the FME Server URL and is not stored in the database.

Again, FME support, thanks for a great job!

Badge

@erik_jan & I were able to identify the cause for this for this issue. The Job Submitter service pointed to an incorrect URL of other another server. Since resubmitting the job will use the FME Server REST API instead of the Job Submitter service, all resubmitted jobs succeeded. Correcting the URL for the Job Submitter service resolved the issue.

Badge +7

Could Job Routing be causing the trouble? I've seen this happen if the job that is submitted has been assigned a tag that isn't associated with an engine. You can confirm that by looking at the Jobs page of FME Server. If you open the details for the job that's stuck in the queue, look under Request Data and check if the Tag parameter is set.

Hello @lauraatsafe,

I have a similar issue with all the jobs submitted via the jobsubmitter stucked in the queue.

There is no value in the tag. Only something like context-id-a31a9c8b-a7c4-40eb-bd88-43b8b1912b44

Thanks,

Badge +9

Hello @lauraatsafe,

I have a similar issue with all the jobs submitted via the jobsubmitter stucked in the queue.

There is no value in the tag. Only something like context-id-a31a9c8b-a7c4-40eb-bd88-43b8b1912b44

Thanks,

Hi @arthy, What version of FME Server are you working with? And is your FME Server set up using an express install (with all the components on one machine) or distributed (with the engines and core on separate machines)?

Badge +7

Hi @arthy, What version of FME Server are you working with? And is your FME Server set up using an express install (with all the components on one machine) or distributed (with the engines and core on separate machines)?

@lauraatsafe

FME Server 2018.1.0.3 - Build 18552 - win64.

The server is distributed with the engines and core on separate machines.

Badge +9

@lauraatsafe

FME Server 2018.1.0.3 - Build 18552 - win64.

The server is distributed with the engines and core on separate machines.

@arthy Could you please create a support case via: https://www.safe.com/support/report-a-problem/ (and link to this post)? I think I might have an idea of what might be happening, but I'm thinking it would be easiest to be able to take a closer look at your system to confirm what is going wrong.

You could try to restart the Fme Server Service at the Services App in the Computer.