Question

Multiple Email via Notification

• 23 January 2018
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +12

Hi,

I am trying to send multiple emails (different subjects, recipients, attachments etc) at the end of a process in FME Server. I am writing to a text writer and posting that data to a topic. While I have multiple features writing to the text writer, only one is used and thus only one email is sent. Am I missing something...why doesn't it send multiple emails if it receives multiple features.

I realize I can use the workaround of using a featurewriter and then a FME ServerNotifier at the end of the process to get around this, but I am interested in why the initial workflow won't work.

Cheers,

Todd

1 reply

Badge +9

Hi @todd_davis

I believe the mechanism for sending notifications directly from a writer in a workspace was created under the assumption that it would only be used to send a single notification when the workspace completes rather than several notifications. If this is something you'd like to see supported, I'd recommend adding an idea for this to the Ideas page here.

I'd say that your workaround of using a FeatureWriter and FMEServerNotifier would be the recommended approach for this type of workflow in FME Server as it currently is.

I hope that helps!

-Laura