Question

PythonCaller - strange error?

• 13 February 2013
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I'm trying to use a pythonCaller in a FME workspace. I have tested different python code, but every time it fails. Any suggestions how to solve this issue?

Below you find the error from log.

Thanks in advance!

Morten

***CLIP FROM LOG ***

FME Configuration: Autodetermining optimal maximum number of objects in memory

BADNEWS: File C:\\apps\\FME2013\\metafile\\MULTI_WRITER.fmf could not be opened (tabrdr.cpp:985)

Trying to find a DYNAMIC plugin for reader named `NULL'

Loaded module 'NULL' from file 'C:\\apps\\FME2013\\plugins/NULL.dll'

FME API version of module 'NULL' matches current internal version (3.7 20121025)

Using MultiWriter $Revision: 59162 $ ( $Date: 2009-04-07 10:04:59 -0700 (Tue, 07 Apr 2009) $ ) with keyword `MULTI_WRITER' to output data (ID_ATTRIBUTE is `multi_writer_id')

Writer output will be ordered by value of multi_writer_id

BADNEWS: File C:\\apps\\FME2013\\metafile\\MULTI_WRITER.fmf could not be opened (tabrdr.cpp:985)

BADNEWS: File C:\\apps\\FME2013\\metafile\\Geometry_func.fmf could not be opened (tabrdr.cpp:985)

Loaded module 'Geometry_func' from file 'C:\\apps\\FME2013\\plugins/Geometry_func.dll'

FME API version of module 'Geometry_func' matches current internal version (3.7 20121025)

BADNEWS: File C:\\apps\\FME2013\\metafile\\LogCount_func.fmf could not be opened (tabrdr.cpp:985)

Loaded module 'LogCount_func' from file 'C:\\apps\\FME2013\\plugins/LogCount_func.dll'

FME API version of module 'LogCount_func' matches current internal version (3.7 20121025)

BADNEWS: File C:\\apps\\FME2013\\metafile\\PythonFactory.fmf could not be opened (tabrdr.cpp:985)

Loaded module 'PythonFactory' from file 'C:\\apps\\FME2013\\plugins/PythonFactory.dll'

FME API version of module 'PythonFactory' matches current internal version (3.7 20121025)

Using user-specified Python interpreter from C:\\apps\\FME\\fmepython27\\python27.dll

Python version 2.7 successfully loaded

Warning: not all FMESessions that were created were destroyed before shutdown. This may cause instability

ImportError: No module named site

3 replies

Badge +21
Which files/databasetypes are you trying to read? Have you installed the SDK when you installed FME?

I googled some of the errors, and only found this, not sure if it is related: https://groups.google.com/group/fmetalk/tree/browse_frm/month/2002-09/8c12944869273707?rnum=81&lnk=nl
Userlevel 4
It might be easier to help you if you post the Python code in question. The complete workspace would be even better.

Also, I would retry installing FME, making sure that you select the SDK during installation, as SigTill suggested.

David
Hi,

Thanks for input to both of you. I reinstalled FME and SDK, but that didn't solve the problem. What did the trick was to point out the right python.dll in tools -> FMEoptions -> Runtime

The problem seems to be related to my OS (64-bit) and the 32-bit FME desktop (datainterop. vers.) on my server. I also have ArcGIS 10 installed with a python package.

Morten