Solved

Is it possible to modify a DTED 2 (.dt2) file through FME Desktop?

• 17 August 2017
  • 1 reply

I have some DTED2 files that I am using to retrieve elevation values from WGS84 coordinates. I would like to modify certain elevation values in the DTED2 file for certain WGS84 coordinates, becuause I have surveyed them with highly accurate GPS equipment and have found certain values to be incorrect. Is this something that FME Desktop is capable of doing.

icon

Best answer by dmitribagh 17 August 2017, 20:45

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +11

Hi @dansaintg16,

yes, this should be possible - just bring in your existing DTED files with the DTED reader, update them and save with the DTED writer. The main question here is how to update the raster. For that, you can use RasterMosaicker where your updated DEM enters the transformer after the original one (you can use AttributeCreator to create a sorting attribute and then Sorter to enforce the order). In RasterMosaicker, choose "Last" option for "Overlapping values" parameter. Make sure you have nodata for the new pixels you don't need to update.

Now, if your points are in vector form, you can rasterize them with NumericRasterizer. Make sure to set the raster parameters to values matching the source raster.

I hope this helps. If you need more assistance, feel free to contact me directly at dmitri@safe.com

Dmitri