Question

Trouble using KMLRegionSetter

Badge
I am trying to use KMLRegionSetter with no luck. Seems like no matter what values I plug in, the KML is not visible at any scale. The features I am converting to kml are points, and so instead of using bounidng box I am using min/max x/y, which was generated from the BoundsExtractor transformer. I've left the max display value as -1 and have varied the input for the minimum display value. What am I missing?

4 replies

Badge +3
HI,

Might this be because of the fact that the boundsextractor extracts the bounds of the features, in your case points.

If u need the total area these feature encompass you may want to aggregate (or use a hullaccumulator)  them prior to extracting the bounds by boundsextractor.

But does'nt the kml extractor already have an option to calculate from features bounding box. Wich it does for the the total of the input features (implicitly grouped). (it creates the same region as using a boundsextractor with aggregate and using these bounds in the km r-setter).

Badge +3
Unless u intended it that way, in wich case u realise of course thet min/max bounds of a point are the same ( as a point does not represent an area)
Badge
Hi,

I tried this myself once and found it doesn't work very well with points. The best thing to do is buffer the point to a reasonable size, extract the bounds of that buffer, and use those values.

It doesn't mean you have to use the buffer as the feature, just that you use it to create a bounding box for the min/max coordinates

I hope this helps

Regards

Mark

Mark Ireland

Product Evangelist

Safe Software
Badge
thanks for the reply! I tried using BoundingBoxAccumulator and then BoundsExtractor to get the min/max coordinates, which I then connected to the RegionSetter. Still nothing appears.. I also applied geometry filter after going through RegionSetter to only send the points to the kml writer but no luck still