Solved

Simple polygon Spatial Join which can add Mode of numaric field

Badge

In FME there are more then one possibility of Spatial joins for the polygons and I have tried all.

I have two polygon shape files, one is source and other is target.

From source file (which includes some numeric fields) I want join data to target polygon where both polygon layers intersect.

For text field this is not a problem but what I am looking for is a Spatial Join which can also add Mode of numeric field to the target layer.

icon

Best answer by jdh 6 June 2017, 16:31

View original

2 replies

Badge +22

The majority of FME is typeless, ie does not distinguish between text and numeric attributes. It is generally only on the writers that the type is set.

If you need the Mode (Average) of overlapping attributes, you can use the spatialRelator to get a list of all the intersecting features and then use a ListHistogrammer to get the count of all elements on the list. If you then sort the histogram numerically descending, then the first element of the list is your Mode.
Badge

The majority of FME is typeless, ie does not distinguish between text and numeric attributes. It is generally only on the writers that the type is set.

If you need the Mode (Average) of overlapping attributes, you can use the spatialRelator to get a list of all the intersecting features and then use a ListHistogrammer to get the count of all elements on the list. If you then sort the histogram numerically descending, then the first element of the list is your Mode.

Thanks it works.