Question

Reduce log output of Anchored Snapper

Badge +1

I am using Anchored Snapper to improve network quality for huge amount of objects (1,1 million). End point snapping is performed on 1 cm snapping distance and Group By option is also used.

My problem is that log file of this workbench has 4 million lines and is more than 600 MB big. Since I am using this workbench in a Jenkins job, I have constant issue with memory size when displaying full log in Jenkins Pipeline. 99,9% of the log entries are of no interest for snapping process

Does anybody have a tip how I can reduce number of log entries for this transformer?

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

I don't think there's an option to suppress logging for a specific transformer (but it sounds like a useful idea!) so for now what you can try is set a log message filter in your FME preferences:

Unchecking the Log Information will remove almost all logging information, but that's for the entire workspace (and entire workbench even)

Badge +1

Thanks for the advise @redgeographics.

I ended up running the workbench from the bat file without LOG_STANDARDOUT option. This produces basic log file with minimum of details. In this case I can live with it.