Question

Linear referencing issues

• 26 January 2016
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi,

I need some help with a linear referencing issue I'm having.

I have feature merged a series of CSV entries to a DGN line as a List and then exploded them out into a Visualiser. Everything looks normal, there are 33 individual entries when I click on the line. However when I push those through a Snipper, they are all rejected and I can't figure out why. It's near identical to a workspace I've run before, and I can't work out what's different! The table that goes to the Snipper has a Chainage which I've set as the Start and End on Distance (Value). Why are they being rejected?

That's the first issue, the second is that some of the features need to be lines where the Start is the Chainage and the End is the next Chainage. I've filtered these out to a different strand and connected them to an AttributeCreator where I've activated the Enable Adjacent Feature and set prior to 0 and subsequent to 1, Attribute Name to Chainage, but not sure how exactly this works as the output just gives an empty Chainage. Is this transformer supposed to add a new Chainage value (i.e. the end value of the line)?

Thanks very much.

Amit

3 replies

Badge +3

Maybe you consumed the lines using the listexploder?

Or had the lines as supplier and csv data as requesteor without building geometry (feature merge type)

For i think you do not feed the snipper (valid)geometry.

AttributeCreator does not automaticcaly add the value, you would have to persuade it to do so.

If you use lead and lag you have to use them according to your intentions.

ie

next Chainage = End(-1) with prior set to 1.

Badge

Maybe you consumed the lines using the listexploder?

Or had the lines as supplier and csv data as requesteor without building geometry (feature merge type)

For i think you do not feed the snipper (valid)geometry.

AttributeCreator does not automaticcaly add the value, you would have to persuade it to do so.

If you use lead and lag you have to use them according to your intentions.

ie

next Chainage = End(-1) with prior set to 1.

Hi Geo, thanks for the reply. I've checked the following:

- the line is the supplier and I've FeatureMerged the points, featuremerger.jpg

- the snipper is being fed a line (33 features which are the points), checked with a geometry filter.

I''m not sure what you mean by the ListExploded consuming the features?

Thanks for tip re AttributeCreator.

Badge +3

So, you feed it 33 lines with From and To's wich are all within the bounds ,distancewise, of this line? (for feeding it points won't do..)

If you have a list with 33 entries on a single line, then there will be no snipping.

If you explode the list and there are 33 lines with each its unique part to snipp, then it will do what yoú're looking for..

Snipper will not automaticaly iterate over a line.

You can also apply an iterative snipper (forum has examples of this) Then you snipp the content of the list without duplication. ( tho there is also an IS with duplication on the forum...)

Search for iterative snipper.