Question

How to update a raster cell value from point cloud

• 8 March 2017
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

I have a grayscale raster and a point cloud. I would like to update the raster cell values based on the z value of the point cloud data.

As an alternative I would like to update the raster values based on list derived from an analysis of the point cloud data. My goal is to perform a histogram equalization on the raster image. I am using the point cloud to generate the histogram. Is there a way to apply the same functionality of the attribute value mapper to a raster to update the cell value since the raaster cell value replacer only updates one value at a time?

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

@angelam

You can use the NumericRasterizer to convert the point cloud to a raster with the same pixels size as the target raster, then use the RasterMosaicker to mosaic the point cloud raster on top of the original. Only the pixels containing a point will be updated.

The RasterExpressionEvaluator can be used to apply a calculation to all the pixels in the raster. If you use a FeatureMerger to merge the point cloud list onto the raster, you can then use the RasterExpressionEvaluator to apply a calculation based on that list.