Question

Loop/run the same workspace for each value

• 7 January 2015
  • 5 replies

Badge
I would like to run the same workspace (like loop perhaps?) many times depending on the values (numbers) in the list or depending on the value comprised in each file if easier. I.e. one by one value as input to workspace and data for this values as output. This workspace will be published to the Fme Server and used by users having no experience of FME.

Currently this idea is realized with Python, but I will be happier to avoid Python and have full focus to FME only. Any suggestions?

5 replies

Badge +3
can you not feed the file with values to jobsubmitter?
Badge
Is there any way how to force FME to read file by file? So, there is a folder with 300 files. And I want a wokspace to process file by file. Input 1 file, 1 output, and then again until all files in a folder are used.
Badge +3
Something like directory/filepath reader to read all the filenames. Write to a text/csvfile and then a workspacerunner/jobsubmitter (wait to complete)to read the textfile.

It would start the workspace for every line in the file.

Badge
FmeServerJobSubimitter is not allowed to be a part of workspace published to FME Server, am I right?
Badge +3
i thought it was the other way around, workspacecaller is not advised (i have little experience with fme server though...only slight tests)