Question

Point features are not visible in CAD without exploding blocks

• 27 September 2017
  • 14 replies

Badge

Hi,

I am doing DWG to DWG translation filtering only points using geometry filter, If i am not exploding blocks into entities, points are not visible in written DWG file, But if i am exploding it i am able to see points in CAD along with polygons and text.

Thanks in advance.

14 replies

Badge
new-folder.zip

Please find attached Workbench and sample data, I am able to see the points flowing in workbench but unable to see in data inspector.

Badge +2

Hi,

Do you want blocks as point?

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hi @dheeraj,

Please, see the attached and tell me if your good for you.

Thanks, point.zip

Danilo

Badge

Hi @dheeraj,

Thanks, point.zip

Danilo

Yes, Its perfectly fine, Please tell me process.

Userlevel 4
Badge +30
Yes, Its perfectly fine, Please tell me process.

Great @dheeraj. I'm happy that i did help you!

About the process:

1) I created a Generate Workspace and set the parameters : Reader and Writer -

Workflow Options: Dynamic Schema

2) And inserted the transformer GeometryFilter.

Attached the Workspace Template.

Thanks, workspace-dwg.fmwt

Danilo
Badge

Hi @dheeraj,

Thanks, point.zip

Danilo

But the same process i was following..nothing extra in this workbench...what is the reason it was not working in my workbench?

Userlevel 4
Badge +30
But the same process i was following..nothing extra in this workbench...what is the reason it was not working in my workbench?

Yes the same process. In your Workspace the Reader is: AutoCAD RealDWG File:

Did you run the Workspace template that i sent you?

Badge

Hi @dheeraj,

Thanks, point.zip

Danilo

I got it, you have not unchecked explode block into entities, In my case of data i have to uncheck the option, My question is why it is not coming if i Do not explode block into entities, That i have already mentioned in question that it is working fine if i check the "explode block into entities"

Badge

Hi @dheeraj,

Thanks, point.zip

Danilo

@danilo_inovacao.Thanks for your reply, But its also not working in case of Real DWG reader and writer and if i choose real dwg reader/writer, then i will not be able to have attributes in the cad file.

Please suggest me appropriate solution.
Badge

Hi,

Do you want blocks as point?

Hi @pratap, Yes you are correct, I need full block (Point, Line, Circle) as a point.

Badge +2

If you need full block as point feature then untick the below mentioned parameters

1. Use Block Feature Type for Components

2. Explode Blocks into Entities

Badge

If you need full block as point feature then untick the below mentioned parameters

1. Use Block Feature Type for Components

2. Explode Blocks into Entities

point-issue.zip

Hi @pratap,

Thanks for your resolution but I have tried the same and did not work for me, I have attached reference Sample data and workbench. Please check if i am missing something.
Badge +2

Hi @dheeraj, Since you want to represent the blocks from the source dwg as points on the output, for the writer to accept the point output without a template, we'll have to remove the format attributes that indicate to the writer that the features are blocks. I agree with @danilo_inovacao, the option to Explode Blocks into Entities should be unchecked, this will read each block as its insertion point. And if you expose the following format attribute on the reader, and remove them in the workflow (AttributeRemover should work), the writer should be able to write the points as expected: autocad_entity, autocad_original_entity, autocad_original_entity_type, autocad_block_name, autocad_block_number.

Please give this a try, and see if it gives you the result you were hoping for. Thanks!
Badge

Hi @dheeraj, Since you want to represent the blocks from the source dwg as points on the output, for the writer to accept the point output without a template, we'll have to remove the format attributes that indicate to the writer that the features are blocks. I agree with @danilo_inovacao, the option to Explode Blocks into Entities should be unchecked, this will read each block as its insertion point. And if you expose the following format attribute on the reader, and remove them in the workflow (AttributeRemover should work), the writer should be able to write the points as expected: autocad_entity, autocad_original_entity, autocad_original_entity_type, autocad_block_name, autocad_block_number.

Please give this a try, and see if it gives you the result you were hoping for. Thanks!
Hi @XiaomengAtSafe,

I have not exposed any of these attributes, You can check in the attached workbench.

Thanks in advance.