Question

I have a network with lines and nodes but the lines aren't always snapped correctly to the line (a gap of +- 0.005). Is there a way to use the snapper but to keep all the attributes so i can use after the snapping the topology builder?

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

I would try the AnchoredSnapper at first. Send the nodes to the Anchor port, send the lines to the Candidate port, set End Point Snapping to the Snapping Type parameter, and set 0.005+ to the Snapping Tolerance parameter. The AnchoredSnapper (and also the Snapper) won't remove nor modify any attribute of the candidate features.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Ok thx, so the result is actually only the candidate and i have to use the original lines for the topology builder.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

De anchoredSnapper doesn't snap everything, is there a solution for it? I have tried to set the tolerance an snapping type to various things but it doesnt't help. It's a very small gap (0.003 meters)

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

De anchoredSnapper doesn't snap everything, is there a solution for it? I have tried to set the tolerance an snapping type to various things but it doesnt't help. It's a very small gap (0.003 meters)

Do you mean that all the candidate lines have been output via the Untouched port of the AnchoredSnapper, even if their end nodes were close to a network node within specified tolerance?

How did you check if the gaps between each end node of the lines and a closest network node are within the tolerance (0.003 meters)?

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

I didn't check the gaps between each line and node but i just want that alle nodes are snapped because otherwise when i use the topology builder he makes new nodes in stead of using the ones that already exists.

I have put the lines as an anchor and the nodes as a candate. I can work arround al litlle bit by using the neighborfinder but it would be easier if he just would snap everything correct.

Some points are snapped but others won't....

Userlevel 4

I didn't check the gaps between each line and node but i just want that alle nodes are snapped because otherwise when i use the topology builder he makes new nodes in stead of using the ones that already exists.

I have put the lines as an anchor and the nodes as a candate. I can work arround al litlle bit by using the neighborfinder but it would be easier if he just would snap everything correct.

Some points are snapped but others won't....

If some nodes are snapped and some not, it either implies that your snapping tolerance is too small, or that you've used a "faulty" group by on the AnchoredSnapper.

You can also try setting the snapping mode to vertex snapping rather than end point snapping if you have some nodes that aren't situated on the first/last vertex of your lines.

Regarding the tolerance it is specified in ground units, which means that it'll mean a very different thing depening on if your projection is in degrees or in meters.