Question

Batch processing

• 13 September 2015
  • 1 reply

I have a series of overlapping polygons and overlapping las files. Each las file belongs to a unique region that corresponds with a polygon. I would like to clip each las file to the extents of the associated polygon. The polygons contain a unique ID identifying the region while the las files are organized in individual folders identifying the region.

To date I have been running the clipping tranformer on each set of las files belonging to one particular region and manually iterating through all the regions one at a time. How would I go about batching this process? Ideally I would like to read the unique ID in the clipping polygon and use that to point to the associated set of clippee las files in a folder.

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +13
Hi,

When both inputs have an attribute that is equal, read all inputs and use the group by setting in the Clipper (Group By info (http://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME_Desktop_Documentation/FME_Desktop_Help.htm#../Subsystems/FME_Transformers/Content/Group_Based_Transformers.htm?Highlight=Group By))

So for the polygions the ID and for the las files I would use the Directory reader to get the folder name followed by the FeatureReader to get the las data itself. Make sure the folder name is merge with the las data (see the merge properties in the FeatureReader)

You could also use the fme_dataset to extract the folder name.

Hope this helps.