Solved

Start and end Road for manoeuvres along a route

I have the following data; a road network for a city, a number for routes through the city and a point file for each junction where a manoeuvre is required.

What I want to identify are the start and end road segments for each manoeuvre along the routes and in the direction the route is.

For example, if the route makes a "right turn" I want to identify the road element before the turn and the road element after the turn is made. This order should be in the digitisation direction of the route. I then want to use the information to tag the road elements as "from" and "to" and grouped by the junction ID.

At the moment I have been able to select the road elements that make up the manoeuvre but I am struggling to sort them into the correct order of sequence (i.e. in the direction of the route). Any ideas on how I can achieve my desired results?

icon

Best answer by owen 24 July 2018, 15:51

View original

3 replies

Badge +1

Are your routes lines features, or do they have segments with attributes? If you created the routes with the shortest path finder it would tell you the component road name, sequence, etc.

Are your routes lines features, or do they have segments with attributes? If you created the routes with the shortest path finder it would tell you the component road name, sequence, etc.

A route is one continuous polyline feature, which has not been created in FME.

Badge +1

Ok, you could use a MeasureGenerator to add a set of measures, then a PointOnLineOverlayer to split into sections with the junction points. The MeasureExtractor will then enable you to sort them in the correct sequence