Question

Transform DWG with solids

• 1 February 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi,

I want to read a dwg file, transform the coordinate system and write it back in to a dwg file again. Therefore I use the CsmapReprojector. The transformation works fine, but I have the problem that all hatchings/solids of the dwg file are lost after the transformation.

How can I solve this problem?

Thanks and best regards!

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +11

Hi @joe_gerner,

It looks like there's an existing issue (FMEENGINE-57832) writing out hatches at the moment. I've added this Q&A to the issue and I'll let you know when it has been addressed.

In the meantime, it looks like it's possible to use the DWGStyler to output basic AutoCAD hatches before writing it out.

It doesn't look quite as you expect in the output when inspecting it with the Data Inspector, but when you open it up in a CAD program it seems to have written out the hatch as expected. There's an article here on working with the DWGStyler for more information. Hope that helps a bit for now!

Badge

Hi @joe_gerner,

It looks like there's an existing issue (FMEENGINE-57832) writing out hatches at the moment. I've added this Q&A to the issue and I'll let you know when it has been addressed.

In the meantime, it looks like it's possible to use the DWGStyler to output basic AutoCAD hatches before writing it out.

It doesn't look quite as you expect in the output when inspecting it with the Data Inspector, but when you open it up in a CAD program it seems to have written out the hatch as expected. There's an article here on working with the DWGStyler for more information. Hope that helps a bit for now!

Thank you for your help. The advise with the transformer was very good and thank you for the link to the article, too.