Question

Draw a line between two nodes

• 12 November 2013
  • 1 reply

Hi there,

I asked takashi this question previously but I failed to give him the whole story.

I have a Mapinfo layer that has a attibute called GPS_CODE that contains CVP1 SL, CVP1 EL and CVP2 SL, CVP2EL....... etc.  However there are duplicate CVP's. There might be ten lots of CVP2 SL and EL for example.  There is also a attribute called Crossing_ID that is the 'Parent' for each GPS_CODE.

What I need to do is to draw a line between CVP1 SL and CVP1 EL for example  in relation to their unique parent id.

So there will be numerous CVP1 SL and CVP1 EL with different parent id's of CL1 or CL2 or CL3. 

I hope I have explained well enough for a solution,

Cheers,

Shane

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +17
Hi again,   Just append the GPS_CODE to sorting and grouping attribute.   StringSearcher: Split the Code into 2 parts. Attribute: Code Regular Expression: ^(.+)(SL|EL)$ Matched Parts Attribute: _parts   Sorter: Sort the points by the Code (front part) and SL -> EL order. Attribute  |  Alpha/Num  |  Order GPS_CODE  |  Alphabetic  |  Ascending _parts{0}  |  Alphabetic  |  Ascending _parts{1}  |  Alphabetic  |  Descending   Point Connector: Connect points grouped by the Code (front part). Connection Break Attributes: GPS_CODE _parts{0}

Or, concatenate GPS_CODE and original Code before StringSearcher.

GPS#CVP# SL, GPS#CVPE EL ...

Takashi