Solved

How to convert heights from RH2000 (Height system used in Sweden) to geocentric?

• 21 December 2016
  • 8 replies

Badge

Hi everyone!

I need to convert some coordinates from geographic to geocentric, X any Y are in SWEREF99 which can be easily converted, but Z is in RH2000 which is used in Sweden and other Scandinavian countries. I am trying to use CsmapReprojector and for vertical handling I used Orthometric height -> Geocentric or ellipsoid height. But then some "geoid height grid" file is needed! I downloaded grid files for FME desktop but nothing for Sweden id available! what shall be done now??

icon

Best answer by daveatsafe 21 December 2016, 19:15

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

The height grid to convert between WGS84 and RH2000 can be found at 'https://www.lantmateriet.se/contentassets/493a548ae6c14631968c401dc08086c5/swen17_rh2000_txt.zip'

Unzip the .txt file into your FME installation, to \\Reproject\\GridData\\Sweden, and rename to .grd.

FME can't read the grid file directly, but needs a catalog file. In the folder FME\\Reproject\\GeoidHeightGrids\\World create a new text file and rename it to WGS84-RH2000.gdc. Edit the file in Notepad and add the following line:

..\\..\\GridData\\Sweden\\SWEN08_RH2000.grd

In the CsmapReprojector, choose the catalog file WGS84-RH2000.gdc for your height grid.

Badge

The height grid to convert between WGS84 and RH2000 can be found at 'https://www.lantmateriet.se/contentassets/493a548ae6c14631968c401dc08086c5/swen17_rh2000_txt.zip'

Unzip the .txt file into your FME installation, to \\Reproject\\GridData\\Sweden, and rename to .grd.

FME can't read the grid file directly, but needs a catalog file. In the folder FME\\Reproject\\GeoidHeightGrids\\World create a new text file and rename it to WGS84-RH2000.gdc. Edit the file in Notepad and add the following line:

..\\..\\GridData\\Sweden\\SWEN08_RH2000.grd

In the CsmapReprojector, choose the catalog file WGS84-RH2000.gdc for your height grid.

Thanks Dave!

Hej!

I am trying to convert .las data from elipsoidal to orthometric heights using SWEN17-RH2000 geoid height grid following the same logic provided by @DaveAtSafe, however an error which is linked to a failure of opening the .grd file pops out:

I could not find SWEN08-RH2000.grd file to compare if the format hasn't changed, yet I doubt it would be an issue. Any ideas and suggestions of solving the transformation are welcome.

Thank you in advance,

Vadis

Hi @wandenis!

I have the same problem, did you find any solution? Or maybe @DaveAtSafe can help?

Thanks!

/Magda

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @wandenis!

I have the same problem, did you find any solution? Or maybe @DaveAtSafe can help?

Thanks!

/Magda

Hi @lazermagda,

The file seems to have been moved. I have updated the location in the answer.

Hej!

I am trying to convert .las data from elipsoidal to orthometric heights using SWEN17-RH2000 geoid height grid following the same logic provided by @DaveAtSafe, however an error which is linked to a failure of opening the .grd file pops out:

I could not find SWEN08-RH2000.grd file to compare if the format hasn't changed, yet I doubt it would be an issue. Any ideas and suggestions of solving the transformation are welcome.

Thank you in advance,

Vadis

Hi,

I am having the same issue. Did you solve the problem?

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @lazermagda, @wandenis, @hhammarstrand,

The .grd file supplied is the not the same format as the .grd files used by FME. Please use SWEN17_RH2000.txt instead, then change the extension to .grd.

Hi @lazermagda, @wandenis, @hhammarstrand,

The .grd file supplied is the not the same format as the .grd files used by FME. Please use SWEN17_RH2000.txt instead, then change the extension to .grd.

I did try that and that did not work, even after several restarts of FME. However, I solved it when i restarted FME as an administrator.