Solved

How to control reader order with FeatureReaders?

• 6 September 2016
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +33

With the original readers / writers you could control reader / writer order in the Navigator to upgrade performance.

But in a workflow with only FeatureReaders I have a data table being read completely before the lookup table starts to read. This causes all my datafeatures collected at a FeatureMerger before the lookuptable is read.

Any way to do this?

icon

Best answer by itay 6 September 2016, 09:29

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4

You should be able to control the order in which the FeatureReaders are fired by controlling the order of the incoming initiator features.

Or am I misunderstanding something?

Badge +16

Correct and if you are using a creator to trigger the featurereaders, you can now control the connection runtime exiting the creator(s), just right click on the connection > set connection runtime order

Userlevel 6
Badge +33

You should be able to control the order in which the FeatureReaders are fired by controlling the order of the incoming initiator features.

Or am I misunderstanding something?

Sorry, my bad. Still getting used to FeatureReaders plus forgot FeatureMerger parameter Suppliers First.

Userlevel 6
Badge +33

Correct and if you are using a creator to trigger the featurereaders, you can now control the connection runtime exiting the creator(s), just right click on the connection > set connection runtime order

Sweet, learned something new today! This looks more like the exact answer David.

Userlevel 4
Sweet, learned something new today! This looks more like the exact answer David.

Well, not everybody uses Creators to trigger their FeatureReaders. If that is the case, why not just use a regular reader?